Thursday, June 30, 2016

Some time away and "Honey Do"

This past weekend my wife and I were able to "get away" for a couple of days and spend some time together in St. Louis. It was really nice if not a bit too hot, but we did get to do a lot of sight-seeing and take care of some shopping.

We did the Anheuser-Busch tour which was really cool. The factory itself is amazing and since a lot of it was built around the turn of the century there is a LOT of interesting architecture in there. I'm sure it's probably one of the most visually interesting factories you'll find anywhere.
It's really too bad we don't build buildings like that any more.

Forest Park "World's Fair Pavilion".
This was actually built AFTER the St. Louis World's Fair of 1904


I haven't been spending much time on the boat build for the past couple of weeks due to other items that need my attention:
  • The fence is about half stained now, so I'm hoping to have that finished up this weekend.


  • Remember the pool we "might" get... Yeah, that didn't take long to show up at the store for pickup. I spent about twelve hours leveling the ground by hand and then applying a skim coat of sand. I used a bull float to get it smoothed out and then we erected the pool. It's filling now and at 4 gal/minute it will take almost 60 hours to fill, so by this Sunday afternoon we should be in business. This Fall we plan to build a fence and next Spring we will work on some decking.

No comments:

Post a Comment