Saturday, September 2, 2017

Ten More Days

It's been a while since my last post, but believe me when I say it's been quite the ride!

We sold our home in Illinois within 40 days and then purchased a replacement home before it even hit the market because we decided to turn around in Missouri and drive six hours back to Texas to see it before the masses found out about it the next day. There weren't even pictures up yet, but we were able to see pictures on Google Earth and decided it was worth a shot. After arriving, we met the owners and got a chance to talk to them before the Realtor showed up, so that was a nice change. The housing market here in North Dallas is absolutely CRAZY! It's a miracle we were able to find something close to what we wanted.

We moved here into temporary housing on August 16 and were treated to an eclipse on my first day of work and a Hurricane just a few days later. We'll be taking possession of our new home on September 12 and expect to be completely busy for at least a couple of weeks until we get things situated.

The sellers have been awesome to work with and turned into some good friends.
We really do hate to see them leave the state.

The house sits on 1.7 Acres and has a 30x40 shop.
Which means I'll absolutely need to get a tractor... (right?!)

:)

The shop height is a little lower than optimal, but it's well constructed and has a separate electric meter and 200-Amp service. It'll need to be lengthened a bit when I get time to mess with it, plus I'll need to figure out the best way to insulate it and then install an HVAC system.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of things:
Our New Home

Large Front Yard with the shop on the side



Packing up the last one third section of the starboard float.
It just cleared the trailer so I had to make sure I didn't take any sharp right hand turns
We used a large piece of plastic to completely wrap the float up in case it rained.
Which turned out to be a really good choice since it absolutely POURED down on us for almost two hours as we entered Missouri.


I also had a heavy truckers tarp that I used to cover the float.

All wrapped up and ready to travel


I'll have to rebuild a new laminating table since this one was part of the deal to the buyer



Just arriving at the house. The seller let me store the float section and trailer at the shop


The front section of the shop already has a roof, so it won't be a really big deal to extend the length of the shop.

First morning in Texas :)




#America's Team!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment